AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
· After the first 24 hours: Wash your eyebrows with gentle facial cleanser (anti-bacterial dial soap). Then apply the Ointment, Antibiotic or Cream.
· Apply the Ointment, Antibiotic or cream with freshly washed hands for 7-10 days. Never rubbing always patting. Keep the brows lubricated never allowing them to dry or scab. DO NOT WET for 7-14 days!
· LESS IS MORE! On average apply ointment once a day (Up to 3 times only if needed) enough to moisturize. Never using too much. Brows should not look too shiny. If area gets itchy DO NOT scratch, simply pat.
· DON’T scrub, rub or pick at the crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready, then the pigment underneath it can potentially be pulled out. Use Sterile Bandage(s) or other sterile dressing(s) when necessary.
· DON’T use any makeup near the procedure area. For at least 2 weeks Minimize Sun Exposure, discourage swimming.
· Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing light bruising and dry tightness.
· Color change/loss, and slightly uneven appearance: After7-10 days the darkness will fade and once swelling dissipates small unevenness usually appears. The color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear. If they are too light/dark or still a bit uneven after 6 weeks then we will make any adjustments during the touch-up appointment after the skin heals. The procedure area has to be completely healed before we can address any concerns! This takes about 6 weeks. This is why the 1ST TOUCH-UP APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY.
· Needing a Touch-up months or years later: A touch-up maybe needed 6 months to a year after 1st Touch-up procedure depending on your skin, medications, lifestyle and sun exposure. I recommend the 1st Touch-up 6 weeks after the first session (not included in today’s price) and every 6 months to a year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. Color duration depends on many factors but primarily depends on how Oily the skin is. The Oiler the skin, the shorter the color lasts. Sweating and Sun Exposure also reduce color fastness. On average, expected time until a new color refreshment is between 9-12 months. With oily skin it is up to 6 months.
NOTE: The Client shall consult a Health Care Practitioner at the first sight of infection or any allergic reaction, and report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting from the Tattoo to the Artist and the Louisiana Department of State Health Services.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
The eyelash cycle is approximately four to twelve weeks. Do not be alarmed if some of your lashes fall out quickly (they most likely were at the end of their cycle). The majority of extensions will stay through a complete cycle if you follow these guidelines:
The first 24 hour curing period is vital for maximum lash retention. During the first 24 hours following your lash service you need to:
- Keep your eyelashes COMPLETELY DRY, getting them wet interrupts the curing process and will cause premature shedding. Steam from showering or cooking, sweat from working out, moisture from facial services can all be harmful to your new lash extensions. If you must wash your face, please use a washcloth and avoid your lash line.
After the 24 hour curing period
At this point your lashes are completely cured and resistant to water and sweat. Feel free to get them wet without worry. For maximum lash retention and HEALTHY lash care, here are a few tips:
Avoid oil based skincare products around the eye. Oil breaks down the lash adhesive and can cause premature shedding.
Do not use regular or waterproof mascara. Most brands of mascara contain chemical properties and oils that will break down the adhesive. Removing mascara from your lashes can cause the extensions to fall off prematurely as well. If you want to further enhance your lash extensions, we have a specially formulated eyelash extension mascara that is ideal for coating your extensions. Ask your Lash Artist at Le Petit Studio for more information.
CLEANSE YOUR LASHES!!! Using the oil free eye cleanser that Le Petit Studio provides is recommended but you can also use a mixture of baby shampoo diluted with water is perfect for cleaning your lashes and your lash line. Simply using distilled water works as well. Use your clean mascara wand to brush away any debris and to help separate your lashes so they do not dry clumped together.
What to expect over the next few weeks
Lash extensions are semi-permanent and shed with your natural eyelashes. Typically, you lose between (approximately) 1 and 6 natural lashes, per eye, everyday. This is perfectly normal. You may experience more or less daily shedding depending on your lash shed cycle and home care of your lashes. As you begin to lose more and more over the course of the next 2-3 weeks, you can opt for a lash fill. This is where lashes are applied to the areas that have shed. Between 2 and 3 weeks is the best time to return for a lash fill. Waiting too long, when too many lashes have shed, can result in having to get a new full set. It is much more cost effective to keep up with your fill appointments!
REMEMBER: Do not attempt to remove the extensions yourself. Have them removed by your professional Lash Artist at Le Petit Studio.
Contact your Contact your Lash Artist at Le Petit Studio with any questions or concerns.
Enjoy your new lashes!